Corporate Social Media Campaigns [Infographic]
The following infographic showcases some recent and interesting findings on how corporations are tackling social media. Initially skeptical of its use for business purposes, it appears many have adopted the two-way communication mindset during this modern age of information and relationship building.
Below are some of the more interesting highlights from the infographic:
- 94% of corporates use social media in some capacity.
- 75% saw an increase in website traffic.
- 58% use it for lead generation.
- Favorite social sites are Facebook (92%), Twitter (82%), LinkedIn (73%) and blogs (61%).
- 58% of Fortune 500 companies had Facebook pages in 2011, 62% had Twitter accounts.
- Companies with blogs dropped from 50% to 37%. Speculated due to content requirements. [I’m not sure about this statistic. My experience shows that more companies are seeing value in Inbound Marketing and blogging their thought leadership]
- Blog best practices: schedule posts on a regular basis, plan ahead, use a casual tone, interact with customers, and enable social sharing.