Marketing Minds Series – Kickoff – Share Your Mind
One of the best ways to evolve as a marketing professional is to generate, collaborate, and nurture ideas among like-minded peers. With that in mind, I’m launching a new blog series I’m calling “Marketing Minds,” where I’m soliciting thoughts and ideas from cutting-edge marketing leaders and posting them here on PuzzleMarketer.com. I’m going to interview thought leaders with challenging questions about the present and future of marketing, with the goal of extracting nuggets of insight that can guide us all.
Who I’m targeting…
Marketing leaders with at least 5 years of experience living on the edge of new trends and technologies. I’d like to get both feedback from the top of marketing organizations and from the on-the-ground make-it-happen functional experts. I’m going to look for views from both consultants with many clients and in-house marketing teams who support one organization.
What I’m asking them…
Marketing leaders are being asked to submit free-form answers to the following 5 questions…
- What brought you into the field of marketing (tell your story) and what makes you feel so passionately about it?
- As marketers, we’re constantly seeking for the right tactics or channels to propel our organizations forward. Which tactics or channels have recently surprised you as a viable source of qualified leads?
- We’ve all seen the influx of marketing technology that has been created over the last decade. Which technology has been most impactful to you as you plan, launch, or measure your marketing campaigns?
- Looking forward… What forces (social,economic, political, or cultural) do you see having the biggest effect on your marketing in 2017 and what are your plans to address them?
- If you could give one piece of advice to a college graduate who just took their first job in marketing, what would you say to them?
What I’m hoping for…
Different perspectives. Each individual holds a unique experience, made up by knowledge, skills, tools, and behaviors. I’m hoping to capture some of these unique stories and experiences to better inform us all. There is no shortage of online resources about marketing “tips” and “how to” do something. This isn’t a guide, but rather practical human stories and learnings from the real-world.
This isn’t going to be perfect. If you have a suggestion on questions being asked or who to invite to participate, I’m all ears.
Why marketing leaders should participate…
Beyond empowering your marketing peers and paying it forward by sharing your insights, marketing leaders will be featured on this blog, which receives thousands of visitors per month and the content gets automatically syndicated across the web to AllTop.com, GrowthHackers.com, Inbound.org, Business2Community.com, BizSugar.com, EvanCarmichael.com, SocialMediaToday.org, SocialMediaInformer.com, and B2BMarketingZone.com.
Leaders can expect to promote their personal brands and get higher visibility online after their blog post goes live and additional sites pick it up.
If you know someone who would like to participate…
Please send them here to complete a submission.
Let’s get started…
Below is a running list of marketing leaders already interviewed!
- Lizzie Schreier – Director Digital / Social Engagement @ Allstate
- Maddy Osman – SEO Content Strategist @ The Blogsmith
- Kasey Kaat – Digital Marketing Manager @ Zapproved
- Monu Kalsi – VP, Head of Digital @ Zurich North America
- Christine Feeley – CMO @ Amptopia
- Vanessa Baker – Owner @ Fast Forward Marketing
- Brad Shorr – Director of Content Strategy @ Straight North
- Chris Pinkerton – VP, Enterprise Development, Media & Research @ Mediative
- Tom Bukevicius – Principal @ SCUBE Marketing, Inc.